Sunday, February 15, 2009

Field Trip to Historic Wallace, Idaho

Saturday, Clayton had basketball tournaments in Mullan, Idaho. He still wasn't feeling great, and had a hard time staying in the game. They lost their first game, but still had to play a second. The next game wasn't for about four hours. Clayton had been selected to represent his team in a free throw contest, so we headed across town (or across the street - same thing in Mullan), to the other gym and cheered for him there.




Then we headed a few miles back up the road towards home to the historic silver mining town of Wallace, Idaho (where Dante's Peak was filmed)to eat lunch.





While our meal was being prepared, Bill encouraged me to head next door to one of the local antique shops by myself for a few minutes.

Guess what I found?

HATS!

I had forgotten how much I loved hats. I used to wear them all the time. In fact, in the days where I wore dresses to church every Sunday, a new outfit wasn't really complete until I had a hat to go with it. I miss that!

So bear with the cell-phone quality pics and silly looks on my face as I do my own photography.














My Favorite


Bill's Favorite

No, I didn't bring any of them home....but I did go buy stuff to make one!

Then we decided to drive around town and look at old houses.




The kind of house I want to live in someday




The kind of house Bill wants to live in someday



We decided we might have to live next door to each other! :D


2 comments:

Jaime said...

I love hats. So fun!

I remember going on field trips to Wallace...

Anonymous said...

I have a hat almost exactly like the one Bill liked. You'll have to put your name on it for one day when I'm ready to part with my hats. I bought mine at an antique store in CDA.