Monday, April 13, 2009

Curtains

I started on some projects around here while Bill was in Phoenix. It kept me busy in the evenings. :D I wanted to add some color in our home, with all these brown, all-wood walls and ceilings. I decided to add some window treatments.



I started with three simple valances for Clayton and Riley's room that I made by just tearing apart the bed skirt that came with Claytons's new bedding - since bed skirts aren't needed on bunks. :D



The easiest room was the bathroom...just hanging a bamboo shade (and of course painting the bathroom, hanging a new shower rod, and a few new fixtures).


Then I experimented with a design all of my own for Ian and Hayden's room. Honestly, I didn't want to spend money on more rods. So for about $2.00, I got enough cup hooks to try something new.




Our bathroom has needed help for a long time, and I finally just started messing with it and designing it as I went. I shortened it a couple of time. :D My favorite part is the string of rocks I found.


Last, but not least, I finally - today- finished the troublesome kitchen shades that have taken me all over town looking for supplies. So, several hardware stores, fabric stores, a jewerly department, a bead store.....and a willing helper later ...



This was my first attempt at a roll-up shade. These Swedish shades were pretty easy to do - once I found all the supplies! It is also my surrender to the salmon orange kitchen cabinets that won't be going anywhere anytime soon.




I never found any shade pulls, other than the ordinary white plastic ones, so decided to string some beads on the end. It was a great finish.

No comments: