Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Konversations with Kids

Hayden: "Dear Jesus. Thank you for my mommy and that she is beautiful and that she'll be beautiful tomorrow." Pause. "Mommy, will you be beautiful tomorrow?"

Me: I don't know. What do I need to do to be beautiful?

Hayden: Wear a dress and jory (jewerly) and stuff.
-------------------------
Riley gave me a pen drawn picture recently that said, "You smell like a Magnolia tree."

On Mother's day, Riley gave me a placemat that said "You are beautiful like a flower."
-------------------------
Riley: We learned Spanish today. You know how you say Buddy in Spanish? Lobo! If you want to tell him to come here, you say, "Lobo! Banah-cah!"

Mom: Hon, I think it is ven aqui! (bane ah-key)

Riley: Noooo! Its NOT Bikini!
-------------------------

Ian: Guess what? We're all part animal. I'm part cheetah because I'm fast, and Riley is part bear because he is good at fishing and stuff. Mom, you're part mountain lion.

Me: I am? How do you figure that?

Ian: because of your arms. Let me see your fur. (pulls my sleave up). Yep, you're a mountain lion because your fur is so light and you're not crazy. You take good care of your kids and stuff like a mountain lion does.

No comments: