Sunday, November 15, 2009

Saturday

Snow on the ground...fire cracking in the fireplace (good place for the fire to be in a home of four boys)...fluffy, clean dog resting on the kitchen floor....oldest son is making shoes out of duck tape (Don't ask me what possessed him to make duck tape shoes, but he insists he's wearing them to school on Monday. He's in middle school. There are some things you just don't try to understand.)... boys doing their best to sled in one inch of snow.

Axel F

Blogging

more Axel F

clean bathroom, kitchen, and dining room....birthday cake made and ready for Hayden to draw his own picture on it...

Axel F

We took the kids on the annual Toys R Us "go through the store and show us all the stuff that looks cool to you" pre-Christmas browsing trip. We wished we'd brought a video camera. We were also looking for what to get baby Audrey for her first Christmas. We found a teddy bear the size of Bill. We also had a "find the noisiest toy in the baby aisle" contest.

Axel F

Clayton and Riley invented a game for us to end our day with. It was actually very fun.

Me: Where is the dog soap. I just bought more! (frantically search)
Family: silence
Me: Come on guys, who hid it!? I just bought more because I couldn't find the last bottle that I know we have.
Family: silence
Me: I think someone is playing a sick joke on me!
Bill: Angela, You are the only one that ever gives Buddy a bath. No one else will know where you keep the soap.
Me: Yes! I'm very well aware that I'm the only one that gives Buddy a bath! (I did finally find it with the WD-40?)

Bill: Buddy (the dog) You are getting fat!
Hayden (patting Buddy on the head): Don't worry, Buddy, not the mean kind of fat.

Did I mention Axel F? For the first time in my life, I've actually considered grounding kids from the piano.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. You are so productive with your days!! I love your idea about taking the boys to Toys-R-Us and finding out what they like. I'm going to have to steal that idea when my kids grow up;) Hope to see you tonight for some girl chat and coffee!

Thelittlebrownhouse.us said...

Funny! My son Alex made himself a duct tape wallet in Junior High and just got rid of it recently after using it for 3 years. Unfortunately duct tape does last!

Sharyl


www.reasonablyrandom.blogspot.com