Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl, Schmooper Bowl

I have NEVER learned to enjoy football. I just don't. I don't mind it being on. I don't mind others watching it. I don't even care if their life revolves around it.

But, please! Can I find someone who I can spend time with for several hours a week that also shares my apathy for the sport?

Is it just me, or is this a sign of changing times? I remember when I was younger, how craft stores would host special classes on Super Bowl Sunday for the women to get away and enjoy themselves. I remember when the guys would watch football in one room and the ladies would watch a chic flick in another room.

Gone.are.those.days.

Now, women like football. Who would have thought.

So now, I just make the food. I like the party part. This year we had wings and chicken ranch strips and pretzels with cheese dip and homemade guacamole (best batch ever) and salsa with chips and buckeyes and chocolate covered pretzel sticks and fruit salad. The boys like that I make food. They like it so much that they found every stray neighbor boy (whose parents were obviously glued to the t.v. and didn't care if their kids left) and brought them up to the house to eat the food. In 1.5 seconds, the chocolate dipped pretzel sticks were gone. I didn't.get.one!

So here I sit loading my I-pod (before the Lumberjack's Wife discovers that my I-pod has been completely empty since I got it for Christmas)....and I blog, and I clean up the dishes. I really don't mind. It is once a year, right?

Unless you count all the play-off games and the non-play-off games and the college games...

Okay, so I'm only lonely September - February....except for golf and basketball and baseball...

Really needing some girlfriend time around here. Sigh.

In other exciting news, Google has told me four times this week that I have "reached the end of the Internet." I really didn't think that was possible. Leave it to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like football!!!! But it's okay, because Nate only watches it on Superbowl Sunday anyway.

I like girl time! Just call anytime;)

Anonymous said...

Oh! You are a goober, too! :)
And how do you reach the end of the Internet?

Anonymous said...

OK, so I still think about that guacamole you make...and it has been a good 7 years since I have tasted it. Remember the avacado tree in the back of our old house? My parents cut it down, and I wanted to cry ;)