Friday, June 15, 2007

Yesterday I read the account of the widow of Zarapheth in 1 Kings 17. I was so challenged. Sometimes it's tempting when we're struggling and trying to make sure we have enough for the next bill, to think about being generous with the little we have. I'm really challenged to give from what we have and trust God to provide what we need next. So hard.

On that note, my mom sent me video this week that brought me to tears and challenged me to really grasp the value of the way God has created, gifted, and challenged each of us. It also challenged me further to thank God for every trial and circumstance and understand the love He has for us no matter what we face. Even further, it challenged me to think past times I'm tempted to simply feel limited by my own circumstances...the time I waste feeling sorry for myself. This video is about 16 minutes long, but well worth it!

http://video.google.com:80/videoplay?docid=7668133414808372958

No comments: