Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It often seems that my dreams tell me what is really bothering me inside. Recently, I dreamed that I got to MOPS for setup and the room was divided in thirds, like a pie. There were three different events happening in the room at the same time: MOPS, a funeral, and a Charlie Hall concert. The concert began, so the turned off all the lights and pumped up the music. I was trying to find the moms in the dark to let them know they could help themselves to brunch in the lobby, but found myself looking through the funeral crowd (conducting a funeral in the dark). I woke up realizing how much the complicated setup of this year had been.

Last night I dreamed that the city called and gave us deadline to get our yard mowed, or they were going to send a crew and bill us for it. Guess that's bothering me too.

A week or so ago, I sat down to read in the Psalms. I'd been there awhile. It is so comforting. This particular morning, though, I sat down and God said, "I think it's time to move on from Psalms." I said, "I think You're right, but I'm not sure what to move on to." "James," was the reply.

Each day has been like a little gift from God. It has been truly amazing how relevant each little passage I read relates to the exact circumstances of the day.

I read "If anyone asks wisdom, he should ask God...." and that day I had situation after situation come my way that were just wierd and unexpected. I found myself asking for lots of wisdom.

Bill didn't pass his PAT's and I read, "Blesses is the man who persevers under trial..."

I found myself facing some temptations, stronger than I had in awhile, and I read, "but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed..." Humbling.

...and today the passage was a direct way to pray for a dear friend of ours.

God's Word is precious, powerful, and completely relevent.

Oh, last weekend, one of our pastors, Bill Krause, preached one of the most powerful messages I've ever heard. It's not online yet, but watch for it in the "Unstoppable" series. It is called, "Church - God's Idea." http://www.reallifeministries.com/sermons_current

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you! XO