Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall - Falling Upon Us

This afternoon was almost perfect! The air was a cool 59 degrees, but the sun was bright and warm. Clayton gave the lawn one last pre-frost trim. Riley finished selling his school coupon books by visiting many of our neighbors. Ian and Hayden looked for treasure on the "clift" with their friend, Austin. I cleaned the kitchen and mopped the floors with all the doors open, so the fresh fall breeze could blow through. There is a special way the sun shines this time of year. There is a special thrill that comes from seeing the apples begin to blush on the trees and hearing the children laugh and play outside over the hum of the mower. Soup for supper. Cuddling up on the couch to read books. All I'm missing is a new Pumpkin Spice candle. :D

I'm learning to embrace each simple moment like this as life gets busier and busier. I'm enjoying love gifts sent to me by my Heavenly Father - like a chance meeting with a friend that led to a day of fun with our kids together. We'd been trying to plan something for months, and couldn't work it out on our own. I enjoyed a divine weekend of rest at our women's retreat last weekend. I treasure every moment in the bookstore or library. It's a new season around here in lots of ways, and I'm praying I'll embrace the season God has for us - just as I excitedly embrace fall!

No comments: