Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The sky was literally striped tonight with purple, pink, orange, and blue. The air was crisp and perfect - weather like June. The kids made an obstacle course in the yard with a shovel, a ramp, a snowboard, two tires, etc. They raced and practiced jumping the tires and shovel and running around the tree. I love their inspiration.

I love how God loves on my kids. As I watch Riley thrive in school, I'm over and over again reminded how much more God loves my kids than I do. I can't even believe the incredible opportunities he has, and the encouragement he is receiving.

Clayton gathered this morning at his flagpole with many other students for the annual "See You At the Pole." It's not that it is unique. Lots of schools were doing it, but it was unique that his public school had posters hanging all over the place to advertise it (right next to the Revolve Tour posters. SYATP was even in the list of daily announcements e-mailed to the parents. Our conversation on the way home revolved around what they prayed for, the songs they sang while someone played guitar, and how it gave Clayton the strength to face the day with some absurd science theories.

Bill's hours are beginning to shorten as the golf season comes to a close. We are grateful that I am working now to help compensate. God knows our needs - our needs for humility, purpose, provision, and hope. He is good - all the time!

No comments: