Thursday, August 20, 2009

Birth Announcement

Those of you who know me very well and have kept in any sort of touch with me at all over the last few years, already know of my passion for writing...and you probably know of my passion for ministering to young moms...and of course my biggest passion is writing in order to minister to young moms.

About five years ago, something was conceived inside of me. It was conceived out of much pain in my own journey as a young mom, who was isolated in the middle of the country, in poverty, with few friends, struggling with depression and loneliness. It started as a concept, and grew to a plan, a book, a desire to share, ministry to moms, and MOPS coordinating.

But of course, almost every vision experiences a death or two along the way.

For the last year, the Lord has literally removed me from all of it. He has taken me aside to another desolate place for the purpose of refining and re-defining. I've been struggling, like many moms with those passions that burn within, but are impossible to carry out. What do you do with them? Why are they there if you are unable to carry them out?

I've learned to rest in the Lord, in His timing, and in His plan. He has taught me how trustworthy He is, and I am grateful.

At the same time, this last month, my spirit has felt like the woman who is 44 weeks pregnant, and is certain that if she is unable to deliver pretty soon, that the child within her is going to die - and very well may take her along. My spirit has been overdue and in need of delivery.

God is good, in all He does. His timing is perfect, and so is His shepherding. He revealed to me last week, that part of my problem is that I was trying to give birth to a full-grown child, rather than a baby. He urged me to lay down my need for perfection in my plan and peacefully give birth to an infant.

So, it is with great anticipation, that I make this announcement.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Angela! I love it! I am so happy to hear that He is giving you an amazing new direction! And I very much need what you are sharing through "Those With Young". I am so excited to see what God does through this! Alisa

Taylor said...

This looks like a great idea! I look forward to reading more!