Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sundays

I LOVE Sundays! Hands down, it is my most favoritest day of the week. It is the day I try to keep free of any agenda if at all possible. Since we go to church on Friday nights, I have the possibility of really treating Sunday as a day of REST, not just the day we spend at church.

So this morning I slept until 10:30. That's right. It's not a typo. ...and I don't feel guilty. I needed it! I woke up and ate a bowl of cereal, drank a cup of caramel coffee and snuggled between two boys on the couch watching cartoons. Then I put a loaf of French Bread in the bread machine and made a fresh apricot Kuchen (always wanted to make one of those). Then I enjoyed a neck massage with my latest thrift store find - an electric massager for $1.50. I did some stretching, assigned chores (the kids have had enough rest this week) and met Riley on my bed for chapter one of The Case For Christ For Kids. Then some writing. Ahh!

Now I'm off to exercise and shower and maybe even paint my toes before heading off to our church's community day (free school supplies, clothes, hair cuts, and hot dogs!) at the middle school down the street.

Tonight, we spend one last evening with our dear friend Craig before he heads back home to his sweet, precious family who has had to do without him for most of the summer. - and even though we do have some Coeur d'Alene Golf Club Repair business to handle tonight, hopefully the day will end as peacefully as it began. :)

No comments: