Monday, December 7, 2009

New Schedule

So Bill has this new job. It isn't anything fancy, but it is work - and in today's economy, we are grateful that he is working. The biggest "WOW!" is that we are both working Monday - Friday, during the day! We haven't had the same schedule for a good three years, so this is spectacular. We have weekends and evenings together - and with our kids!! Can you say, "WOW!" I will say it for you. WOW!

However, Bill's schedule is a bit early. He leaves home at 5:15. I decided that I really wanted to be on his schedule. I'd rather learn to get up early and write and exercise and have time with God in the FIRST part of my day - instead of when I'm about to drop dead at the end. I would prefer to learn to go to bed BEFORE all the great shows come on at night, so I'm not wasting time in less productive ways.

We didn't get off to the best start. We had a late night in Spokane last night and didn't get to bed until 11:00, but I was determined to get up anyway. I had a great time in the Word, but my exercising was sabataged by a broken DVD player and a PS2 that wouldn't read my disk.

So I made chocolate chip cookies - a double batch. Now, it really isn't as bad as it sounds. They weren't for me. Today is a certain someone's 10th birthday, and he requested to bring cookies to school as his treat. Since I was so busy getting to bed early last night, I didn't get them made. Do you realize that a double batch of Betty Crocker's chocolate chip cookies takes an entire box of butter? Like I said, they aren't for me. Why a double batch? well....

This brings up the point of classroom size. Don't schools know that it would be much more convenient for moms if they gauged the classroom size by dozens? so you didn't have to buy 30 of something for a class of 22 or 36 of something for a class of 26? Just sayin'!

....and don't worry. I know how to do sit ups without a DVD. I think that I shall attempt that between switching out cookie sheets.

1 comment:

The Lumberjack's Wife said...

Haha! Sounds like something I would do! :) Congrats on the fab new schedule!