Thursday, June 3, 2010

Clayton's Birthday Party

It is time I got around to catching this thing up!

For Clayton's birthday, he designed his cake.


It is his personal logo, made up of all three of his initials. He has been using this on lots of things, and thought it would be fun to have a signature cake.


I think we did o.k. :)

He had invited 50 kids. Yes, 50. Unfortunately, I think he invited them too early. In his zeal, and ultra-preparedness, he passed out invitations two weeks in advance. Do you now what happens to information given to middle schoolers two weeks in advance? Me either. No one does.

However, he did have a handful of kids come. I'm not sure if I was disappointed or relieved.

They played kickball.


Boys apparently will play kickball in socks.


Girls apparently will wear cute shoes to a party and then play kickball barefoot when they realize the cute shoes don't work for kickball.

They also had water balloons, which were pretty fun until they started filling them with Hawaiian punch....Hawaiian punch that they had first put in their mouths and then put into the balloons. Yuck! Boys!


Clayton did get his own phone for his birthday. It was more of a self-preservation thing than anything else. I need my own phone....and I was getting to use mine anymore. I had several friends mention that kids don't need phones until they start driving. I almost agree. But I didn't get a phone when I started driving. I got one when I was twelve, though it plugged into the wall and was attached to my alarm clock.

Times have changed. That is for sure.

He also got a Facebook account, which to him, is a major right of passage.





2 comments:

michelle said...

Happy birthday Clayton!

A GAL NEEDS... said...

It looks as though the party was a resounding success! Fun pictures and fun memories!