Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer's End

I'm a little sad today. The fall sun has replaced the summer sun. It is cooling off. There is one week left before school. I love the fall. It *is* my favorite season. But August is just too soon for fall.

Speaking of fall.....I took a nasty fall on my bike today. If it had been one of my kids, I would have taken them in for stitches. But Bill assures me I don't need stitches. I hope he's right. At the moment, I'm practicing the art of not bending my knee.

Ian and Riley had a great time at camp this week. You can read a little more about that here. Hayden and I also enjoyed a lot of great time one-on-one this week. He's never gotten much of that as the baby of the family. I know it meant a lot to both of us.

We had a little excitement around here last night. We had an old friend and a new friend over to help us roast marshmallows. They were here until well after midnight. After they left, we worked on settling down our boys and two extras that were having a sleepover. At about 1 a.m., the phone rang. It was my brother. Of course, I'm wondering who's in the hospital and what happened. He said calmly, "I want you to lock your doors." Turns out, he was calling on official police business. They were tracking a drunk man who had abandoned his truck on our street and told them he was walking up the hill looking for a place to hide - which was essentially our driveway. A little lights and sirens are just the thing to liven up a dying sleepover.

So the question is, what is scarier to have in your yard?
OR

Random Drunk Guy?

Today, we had a nice cookout in the beautiful weather with the worship team and are excited to start our kids on their school, bedtime routine tonight! Yay!


3 comments:

Kendra said...

Um...you can shoot the bear. Random drunk guy, while you can still legally shoot him for trespassing in Texas, I am not sure about the laws where you live ;)

I think I would take the bear.

Imagine That! said...

glad to have a brother to watch out for you. I would much rather have the bear. Happy Fall!

mj said...

Hi...
i am Mj...
i am just visiting ur blog and it looks awesome