Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ahhh, spring!

Spring in North Idaho can be very unpredictable. Today we woke up to rain, then in the afternoon we had hail. By dinnertime it was sunny and warm. Around eight, it began raining through the sunshine.

Spring means 27 holes of golf in a short day.
Spring means children robbing my egg cartons to help the birds fill their poor empty nests.
Spring means muddy floors.
Spring means hours of working in the garden.
Spring means blooming lilacs and apple trees.

Tonight the boys and I planted small canteloupe, watermelon, and pumpkin starts. Daddy threw around the frisbee with them, and helped rehang their rope swing. It is such a happy feeling to watch out the window while daddy plays with his boys.

We're making final plans to drive to Arkansas to visit family and friends this summer. We're trying hard to plan our route. Do we make it quick and efficient or see as many people as we can? We may be calling some of you! :D

Clayton had his checkup today. You know, they just keep coming up with more shots! Everytime the kids go in, they say, "O.K., that's all until they're 11." And then the next time we have an appointment, we find out that there is a new shot. I'm fine with it. I just feel bad for the poor kids. Clayton was very brave, though. He's getting so old. Today was Hep A, since they didn't give those in Arkansas when we lived there and a brand new chicken pox booster that they've just decided to start giving. I'm so amazed that my son, who used to be the smallest kid in the nursery is now 80% for weight. He's gained 20 pounds this year!! Watch out world!

I promise I'll put some pictures on soon. We've borrowed my brother and SIL's camera for a week or so to take before and after shots of the flooring. So we caught Clayton's birthday and a few other pics, too. Boy, I miss having a camera!

No comments: