Sunday, May 6, 2007

The Book Proposal

Another new blog?! Well, yes. I purposefully started a new blog to document our journey of faith and testify to others of God's goodness. However, I gave the web address to some whom we've chosen not to share all the details of our life with at this point - which has meant, I can't really say anything. In the meantime, I found myself not sharing much of anything at all because I had to be so careful with what I said. So, here is another new one where I can share with those who are asking....the ups, the downs, and everything in between of our faith journey. As well as the fun things about motherhood and life.

I went to the lake yesterday to work on my book proposal. I had to finish a three paragraph summary of my book, and it was eating my lunch. The wind was blowing too cold to sit outside, so I strategically parked my van to have a beautiful view of the lake and rolled my windows down for a bit of fresh air and nature sounds.

It wasn't the lakeview that inspired me, though. It was the young mom in the mini-van next to me lovingly juggling her nursing baby, her cover-up, her spit rag, and her cell phone. I couldn't stop smiling. This is how we moms live - continuously juggling all the responsibilities we have in life, feeling the whole world rests on our shoulders. Everyone depneds on us.

Yet a mom who knows the Lord, knows she is not depenedable without Him. She has to be plugged into the power source. That is my inspiration - the gnawing, ever-present need in my own heart to be plugged into the power source and the deep desire for other moms to discover what I've discovered: It's possible, and it is worth it!

Before too long, that sweet mom opened the slider and did the all too familiar changing of the baby on the van floor before removing the crying three year old from his car seat that just awoke from a nap. They joined the rest of the family on the beach to play in the sand. I laughed as I realized it was hopeless to get away from presence of little ones to write anywhere I went; but that's a good thing. This book wouldn't have happened, if God didn't keep the need freshly alive in my heart by my own overwhelmed state. So I enjoyed just a few more minutes of quiet before a truck pulled in beside me. Mom got out ran around and sat in the back seat, removed a crying infant from a car seat, and began to nurse.

Today is momentous. I nervously hit "send" on perhaps the most important e-mail I've ever sent in my life to date. Ever so sheepishly..."Here I am. Consider me. Please look at my book." I'm still shaking!

God is so good, though. Another week of wondering where we'd be this week. Bills to pay. No money. The frustration of Bill still waiting to get on the golf course. We purposed this was the weekend the book would be submitted. While talking with my mom about my book proposal, I mosied online to my bank and realized our tax return had come. No joke! The day after the book proposal is submitted, Bill will be able to start golfing. His timing is precise!

So with that, we are currently to date on bills and able to move forward. It hasn't always been that way. We've had some really tough times. I'll share more of that later. Right now, I just need to give these poor typing fingers a break before they fall off!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Glad to see you 'back', Angela!