Sunday, May 20, 2007

Cutie Kiddos

Tonight making dinner...
Hayden: "What kind of meat are we having?"
Riley: "Is it pork? Deer pork?"
Me: "No, its beef."
Hayden: "Oh, so does it come from a beaver?"

After dinner...
Clayton has been hosting Riley in his room this week, so that Riley didn't have to sleep on the top bunk while recovering from his concussion. Tonight, Clayton decided he was tired of the arrangement, so he threw a mattress in the other boys' bedroom floor so Riley could sleep in there. Riley and Ian got jumping on the mattress, and Riley fell and hit his head! You can't be safe enough around here!

Living in Faith
Last night I was mulling over/meditating on Galatians 2:20. "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
A couple of things this verse says to me:
1- Truly viewing life as being crucified to ourselves and totally living for someone else makes faith so much easier. We struggle with faith when we begin to feel that we have something to protect. Like this life belongs to ourselves or something.
2 - Being crucified with Christ, our whole entire life is lived by faith. We are just here in an earth suit walking out in faith what God has for us here. Why is a small step easier than a big step. Our whole lives should be about faith.
3 - We are living in faith for someone who loves us so much that he gave his life for us. He wants what's best for us more than we do. What do we have to fear?

1 comment:

Gettismk said...

Angela,
I really enjoy reading your blog!