Saturday, November 17, 2007

What in the world?

Today didn't go quite like I'd hoped. We had all planned to go to Post Falls, take Ian to a party, drop a truck load off at the Thrift Store, and hang out until Ian was done. Bill took the van to work because it gets better gas mileage, so we headed off for our day of adventure. However, the truck wipers kept quitting. Now, mind you, we just got the van wipers fixed. The truck however, we have to stop and open the hood and bang on the little box to get them going again. No huge deal. Except it happened three times in a mile, and I soon realized I would never make it to Post Falls, and would probably put us all in danger if I attempted to get on on the interstate. So alas, we headed back home. Uncle Jonathan came to rescue Ian's party transportation, and we spent the afternoon at home in the gloomy, dark, rainyness.

Also this week, someone left a blue crayon in their pocket, ruining an entire load of clothes in the dryer. I have been given some hopeful instructions from Mom, the laundry doctor, and may be able to rescue some of it if I have a spare day to work on them!

All in all, it has been a great weak, though. Again, lots of encouraging ministry times, meetings, prayer and coffee and tea with friends. My friend Kjirstine enlightened me to the idea of using my french press to brew loose tea and introduced me to white tea...something flavored with white chocolate and vanilla. It was delic!

God has blessed me with two people this week that feel called to come alongside and pray for me and lift me up. One is an older woman, and one a Barnabas runner. I'm so excited, and grateful, and feeling blessed, and overwhelmed, and in awe of a God Who loves me so much that He would call others to minister specifically to me. Amazing!

No comments: