Thursday, January 3, 2008

A day in the life...

We played a game tonight that Clayton made up. He wrote a bunch of questions on cards and after you answer a question, you get a turn to throw a huge, stuffed hockey puck into a laundry basket. If you make the basket, you get a point.

Question to Hayden:
What is your favorite month?
Answer: Christmas Eve

Question to Ian:
What is your favorite day of the week?
Answer: Sunday because sometimes we have chocolate chip pancakes. Crazy good!

Question to Riley:
What is your favorite Bible story?
Answer: Jesus dying on the cross because it reminds us how much He loves us and how He died for every sin we've ever done in our whole life.

Question to Clayton:
What is your favorite thing about Christmas?
Answer: Usually we have one side of our entire family together and we get to just spend time together and get to know each other better.

My kids have blessed me so much lately. A friend's baby was in the hospital last week. The kids caught wind that I was going to visit and rallied together a whole greeting card factory. While they were making their cards, they asked me what was wrong with little Dougie (who they adore) and I explained. They were all so worried and said, "We need to pray for him." I thought, "Sure."...and figured we would when they were done - or at dinner or some other traditional prayer time. But they all just broke out in prayer, one after the other. I really had to hold the tears back.

Then today, when we all climbed into the van to head to church, they all started singing together with the CD, "I will sing of Your love forever! I will sing of Your love forever!" I was crying. I couldn't help it. So beautiful.

We had a great, busy day today. I got up early and had some good time with God and then made begniets (French Market Donuts) for the family, Bill's coworkers, and my MOPS friends. Then we headed off to church for 301 with some MOPS moms. SO GOOD! Truly one of my favorite things. 301 is our church's "How we make disciples" class, which is done by ministry and very interactive. I attended my first one a year or so ago, and it has really kicked my growth factor into high gear, just to process it all and really think about discipleship.

Then we headed off to Pamelas for a quick tour of her amazing Mercantile and collection, then to lunch with Kim and boys where we ran into three other moms from Real Life and had the opportunity to really sit and visit with one and hear her story. Then to Cabela's to exchange some boots I got for Christmas.













Cabela's is an outing in itself with kids. First we toured the mountain full of animals. Each side of the mountain features the wildlife of a different climate. Then off to see the fish, then to the General Store to sample fudge and get some sour cherry balls, then to the shooting arcade for a little target practice, and finally off to the cafe to say "hi" to Mr. Weddle who was very busy in a meeting. We decided not to bother him.

After four and a half hours of sleep last night, I'm exhausted - yet energized at the circle of relationships in my life and the pay-off of forcing myself from bed to have time with Jesus.

So, off to put another coat of stain on the bookcase I'm refinishing and enjoy a brownie before bed. I know. Bad, bad, bad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my most favorite times is seeing the joy you have in writing about us. I truly enjoy you. Your's truly!