Thursday, February 28, 2008

Beyond Me...

I washed my face, and my towel smelled like peanut butter.
I spent 17 minutes on hold with Verizon Wireless.
Someone decided to wash my toaster.
Someone slid through a painting that was left to dry on the floor.
I spent time on the phone with a counselor, a school official, and an insurance agency.
I finalized car titles, filled out government forms, and dealt with the school bus yard.

At some point this morning, I realized that this day was going to be bigger than me. That is what I *should* realize every day. For those are the days that tend to go the best: the days that I *realize* the day is bigger than me, instead of being convinced that I am enough to handle it.

Because in all of it today, I haven't yelled at anybody. I haven't pulled my hair out. I was even friendly to everyone on the phone. That isn't in me. It is God in me.
The point is, my kids painted! Someone made toast and wanted to helpfully clean up. Someone washed the peanut butter off their face and hands because they knew they should. And today, because God is doing miracles in my heart, I've been able to see hearts and not annoying actions that need corrected.

Thank you, Jesus.





1 comment:

Dawn said...

Way to go! Thanks for sharing - it is SO good. :)