Wednesday, July 23, 2008

EXCUSE ME! I have a verse!

I didn't want to call the whole coffee shop to attention today and give a sermon, so I just went from mom to mom. I had a verse to share. Don't worry, I'm really not a total lunatic. I knew all the moms at the coffee shop. They were all MOPS friends gathered to escape the dreary weather day and have a little fellowship. About 2 a.m., after posting my "long update" on here, I needed to quiet my soul. My husband should never allow me to drink coffee with him at night. It doesn't do the same thing to me that it does to him. So anyway, the Psalms are always a good place to quiet my soul down, and I began to read, "He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the Lord." Psalm 113:9.

It struck me how often we forget who opened our wombs. How often we forget that he is the one that settled us in our homes with our children...and way too often we forget the happy part. We get so wrapped up in the daily that we forget the blessing. I'm with ya, sista! So today I've been praying for all my mom friends to be happy - not that life will all go perfectly and nothing will rock our boats, but that we will choose happiness - that we will dwell on the blessings and thank God for what he has given us. Praise the Lord!

No comments: