Saturday, July 5, 2008

I'm So There



You know that place where being a stay at home mom for eleven years meets it's time to start earning an income...I'm SO there!

I've been praying and praying about what to do. I have all the kids enrolled for school in the fall, so I can go back to work. But I'm really hoping for the ideal situation. I'd like to have the same schedule as my kids -off when they are off, with the flexibility of still being active in women's ministry. I'd really love to just stay home and write and try to earn income that way - but not sure how soon that is really possible. Some days I panic, thinking, "It's JULY! and I still don't know what I'm doing this fall." Then I think, "It's only July. I have plenty of time."

If I'm going to be working long term, I'd like to go back to school and get "certified" to do whatever it is I'm going to be doing. But I haven't been sure if I can really go now, because I need to earn money now. I did decide, however, to just start investigating.

I find it interesting that in the last three weeks, every day I really sit down and pray about the future, the guidance counselor from the University of Phoenix calls me. Bill and I have talked about it, and I've decided to go ahead and fill out the FASFA forms, etc, and just see what God does.

We've had a few really fun days around here, and I was anxious to share pictures, but photobucket doesn't seem to want to cooperate today. Maybe tomorrow.

P.S. I'm officially addicted to Facebook Scramble.

1 comment:

Mother Superior said...

My husband knows a lady who has a large business that employs SAHM's as professional content writers. Do you want her contact info? Drew met her at a conference, I don't know if she's a believer, but I do know she homeschools her 6 kids.

Let me know if you want her info. jessica.m.bischof at gmail dot com