Sunday, June 7, 2009

Take As Much As You Want

I started my morning with the thought provoking question: "How important is it to know that God is your Father - that although His children are vast and many, you have been singularly chosen by Him for His possession?

(Yes, I'm still working my way through the 90 day study on John, by Beth Moore, that Bill got me for Christmas.)

The first thought that came to my mind is that it is critical! It is pretty near impossible to feel secure in a relationship where you aren't sure you matter to them.

That pricked my heart pretty good, because that has been a big insecurity factor to me in many relationships in my life. I can't tell you how many times I've felt that someone else meant a whole lot more to me than I meant to them. Whether it is real or imagined, it stings and leaves you feeling less than valuable. I realized this morning, how often I allow the insecurity of earthly relationships affect the security I feel in my relationship with the Heavenly Father. I so often slap a label across my own forehead that says, "I don't matter" and assume that God reads it and pays attention. But He doesn't. I always matter to Him. That truth is the key to my confidence in life. Period. I have to live walking in the truth of how He loves me and how He sees me. It is the only thing that truly matters.

You always matter to God, too. Listen to what Beth says....
Part of the human condition means that to live in any semblance of order,
we must confront a never-ending influx of "no's." In the midst of so much we
cannot have, God says to His children, "Forsake lesser things and have as much
as you want of ....Me." While God is the owner and possessor of all things, He
freely invites us to be as possessive over Him as we desire. He is my God. And
your God. He's the only thing we can share lavishly without ever decreasing our
own supply."

No comments: