Thursday, January 14, 2010

January Randomness

Today is one of those days when you are face to face with the fact that you live in a sinful world...and tomorrow Momma Bear is going to have to rise up and hold some people accountable. Ugh! On a good note, we've had a LOT of good conversations this week about appropriate speech and actions. It is a bit ironic when you have to undo a bit of your child's innocence just to explain to him why his actions were wrong because he didn't even understand why he was in trouble. I'm grateful that my kids are so innocent (most of the time) and that they come home and talk about things the way they do. I'm grateful for the way they go back at it the next day even when they feel misunderstood. Thank you, Jesus!

I got my annual haircut last week. Yay!

We had some Christmas money left, and on my way out the door, Bill said, "Why don't you get it highlighted?" I haven't done anything like that in years. It was fun to get really done up! :)

I can't say enough how much I love being on the same work schedule as my husband!

I'm finally getting my groove on with some exercise, and can't believe what I lie I've fed myself for so long about being too tired to do it. I've had so much energy this week! Last night I swept and vacuumed the basement, cleaned out a bunch of tubs and drawers, put away all the random tubs sitting in the basement, hooked up a new monitor, caught up the laundry, and cleaned my bathroom....after working all day and doing two workouts! Wow!

I'm finally getting in a groove with writing time and Bible reading time again. I'm reading my Bible through again this year and am always amazed at the new things I learn.

Both of the above two things have a lot to do with Bill and I having the same work schedule.

Did I mention that I rarely have to pick the kids up from school anymore? Yay!

Thinking a lot about Matthew 18 again this week and wondering why on earth it is the hardest passage for Christians to pay attention to.

Am wondering, based on the amount of extra long, size 7 pants Ian and Hayden keep inheriting, if God knows they are getting ready to hit a growth spurt.

I read Isaac and Rebekah's love story this week. I love this story because it is the story that helped me know I was supposed to marry Bill. His proposal came as quite a surprise, and even though I had loved him for a long time, I was uncertain about how I felt at that time. I had really gotten to a place of letting him go and being content with singleness. When I got to verse 58, God said, "Hey! I'm talking to you!" I had Genesis 24:58 engraved on the inside of Bill's wedding band.

....and that is it for January Randomness.




2 comments:

The Lumberjack's Wife said...

It is amazing how much energy exercising gives you. Often I find that just the mere thought of exercise exhausts me.

Mother Superior said...

So happy for the schedule thing. And your hair looks AMAZING. <3