Thursday, September 27, 2007

Murder and Frankenstein

I'm leaving on the ladies' retreat tomorrow. I cannot even tell you how much I need it.

When coordinating a MOPS group with 25 women on the Steering Team is the easiest thing in your life, you have a problem. It seems God has me in a "everything is hard and you need to learn to stick with it no matter what" phase of life, and I really don't like it at all.

With that said, here are a couple of funnies from the week:

Ian: Will we be dead when we get to heaven? Will we be angels?
Me: No.
Ian: Well, will we still be alive?
Me: Yes, but we’ll have new bodies. We won’t be angels. The angels are already there.
Ian: (with big eyes) Well, I hope I’m still a boy!
Hayden: I hope I still have my same voice!

Last night, Hayden was all huddled in a laundry basket in the living room with a blanket over him. Riley and Ian were behind the couch. They wanted to do a skit. Riley Narrated.
Riley: A long time ago Mary found out she was going to have a baby. She was scared but the angel, Gabrielle, told her not to be scared. So she and Joseph headed off to Jerusalem, but none of the houses had any room for them to stay because it was Christmas. But somebody said they had a barn they could stay in, so they did and Mary had her baby. Then some wise men came.

Riley and Ian crept out from behind the couch presenting a toolbox and a hotwheel case to baby Jesus.

Riley: and the wisemen brought him gifts of murder and gold.
Clayton: Ha! Ha! Murder!!? It's Myrrh! and you forgot the Frankenstein!!

No comments: