Monday, October 8, 2007

Feels like life is finally getting a little more in sync. Homeschooling is going well with Riley and Ian. We're trying to get Clayton into the local public school (that is now full). I'm enjoying few evening obligations, with time to really be mom instead of teacher. We're reading "Summer of the Monkeys" by Wilson Rawls. So most nights, we settle down about 30 minutes before bed and color and read.

I've finished the book "Breathe" by Lori Wyatt Kent and am now deep in the middle of "Boundaries in Marriage" by Drs. Cloud and Townsend. It's one of those books that keeps revealing problems I didn't realize I had - well, others probably knew I had them, but I didn't. :P It's a good read, and not at all what I expected.

We kicked off our first MOPS group last week and kick off the second one tomorrow. Things are going so well. In fact, last week, it was so easy I kept wondering what we missed or forgot. It was so low stress. But truth is, God just showed up! We have a lot of people praying - and we worked really hard over the summer. I guess it is all just coming together. I'm so excited about this year. We have about 90 moms right now and will probably have more. Each of them are so unique, with their own set of special circumstances and areas where God wants to meet them this year. I'm always amazed at how much He meets me when I think I'm there for someone else.

The apples are exceptionally good this year. I haven't had time to put up any applesauce, or applebutter, or anything this year. But we sure are enjoying them fresh. Tonight I whipped up a honey apple cake for dessert, then put together a crockpot breakfast to be ready in the morning. Tomorrow I plan on making Karin's apple bake for MOPS brunch. (recipes all below) The smell of baking apples, candles lit all over, straw pumpkins and silk fall leaves.....ah! It's fall.

I added a couple of web links on the right to some favorite musicians. I have so many favorites, but these are lesser known artists that I think should be better known. KWIM?

1 comment:

anon said...

Hi Angela! :) Another Kari Jobe fan, I love it! She is AMAZING and was our worship leader at our old church.

I found you while googling for ideas about MOPS DGL "outings". I have a terrific group of busy, busy moms and I'm completely out of ideas.

While I'm here, I've been reading your blog. MOPS was crazy to turn you down. Keep writing; you are gifted!