Sunday, October 21, 2007

Gifford Goofs

In headlines this week at the Gifford home:

Angela was trying to show her kids how she could still do a headstand, which was enough of a risk to her neck. But when a cute little five year old, thought it would be fun to push her over...well, the twist landing really did her in. She will be very anxious for November's chiropractic visit.

Riley felt confident that he *could* make a batch of chocolate chip cookies by himself while mom was in the shower. He did pretty good, except for that 1/2 cup of salt.

Sunday
I love Sundays! Today, I took an extra long walk up and down the driveway, reading, proclaiming, and praying through Psalm 29. O God, Your voice is powerful! Speak! Speak with clarity! May we hear you!

I was ending my evening on my face before God and realizing how much that has become a position of comfort. It has become a habit in the past six months to fall on my face before God when I didn't know what else to do, when I needed to hear from Him, or put myself back in my place. Now, I find it my favorite place to be. On my face, I can truly say, "It's just you and me hear now." I can seek Him with all my heart and remember who I am in contrast to Who HE is, and there is peace.

No comments: