Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The fruit of others' labor

We kicked off our second MOPS group today. Things weren't quite as smoothe as last week, but it went fine. It overwhelms me how many new moms we have and who all God wants to touch through MOPS this year. We had one mom who literally ran out of gas in the parking lot this morning and was sent to visit our group. She figured God must have wanted her there, and I think she was right. :D

This afternoon after finishing school and a short nap, we went on a little field trip. As mentioned before, my garden this year was a total joke. What survived my brown thumb, the deer ate. We only got a handful of radishes and tiny carrots from our garden this year. On Saturday a friend called and said they were leaving town and had put up all they were going to from their garden. She invited me to come help myself. So, the kids were just giddy in that garden. We picked corn, beans, tomoatoes, zucchini, and yellow squash. It was a beautiful sunny day, and we really had a good time. The kids were obviously just delighted to see plants that actually grew things. So fun just to watch them.

No comments: