Thursday, October 25, 2007

Memories

Years ago, "Grandma Nell" and "Grandpa Gene" lived down the road, and Jonathan and I would spend hours in the basement shooting pool with Jason and Andy (grandchildren they were helping raise) and usually a bunch of other friends. They've stayed dear friends, then their spouses joined the gang, and now we all have a whole gaggle of kids. Grandpa Gene has been with Jesus for several year. Grandma Nell just moved into an assisted living facility. Jason's family just bought her house. So today, I took my kids back to this house to go visit and play with their kids. They were all running around in sunglasses, chasing each other with machine guns, playing hide and seek, and giggling in. What fun! What memories! I guess a few incriminating photos showed up when they were cleaning out the basement. But I haven't seen them yet. :D

The golf course is closed for the season. Bill has been home for a couple of weeks. The course is talking to him about a long-term position starting in the spring that could work into something really nice in the future. There are possibilities of him working in a golf store starting next month. But for now, we're back in limbo and wondering what is next. I know God is more concerned with our character than our comfort, but comfort really sounds nice sometimes.

So much is going on in my heart right now. I feel an insatiable craving for God's Word and not near enough time to be in it. New book ideas are spinning in my head. I really know I could write full time - if I had full time. I keep re-evaluating how I'm using my hours, and what God really needs me to be doing right now. God has filled me with a supernatural confidence in Him this week and an excitement about what is to come - even if it is uncertain. I just know He is at work!

No comments: