Monday, October 19, 2009

Hire My Mom!

I was tipped off to something today that I go really excited about! You see, I have the privilege from working from my house. There are lots of ups and some downs to the arrangement, but honestly, as a mom of 4, it is a life saver. I cannot tell you how many days of work I would have already missed this year, if I would have had to stay home every time I had a sick kiddo, etc.

Anyway....it is really hard when you are a mom that needs to earn an income, but want to stay home with your kids. There are a ton of companies out there with sales plans. Some are great! - especially if you have a passion for what you are selling.

But what if you just have marketable skills and know that you could probably make some money from your home office if you could just do a *little* marketing, or some remote assisting. There really are jobs like that out there. It is just a matter of finding them, without being roped by six scams on the way.

So today, I was excited to find the Home Based Working Moms Network and Hire My Mom. It is a legitimate service that you can subscribe to to list your abilities. Companies look for the right person to fill the job and hire moms. For real! You pay a small subscription fee to keep your job application open, so employers can find you. You can subscribe for a quarter at a time, or a whole year and save a whole quarter's worth of fees.

Even better than that - if you think you might have an idea of a great business or maybe you don't know exactly what you could do; but are sure you could pull off your own business, if you just knew how, take a look at the Work at Home Kit! It was designed to help you find the perfect business for you.

I hope some of you find this helpful. I can't tell you how many times a week friends ask if my company is hiring or tell me they wish they could find something like I've found. Honestly, my job landed in my lap as a present from the Lord, but maybe the HBWM Network will be helpful to you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool, thanks! I am always suspicious that these things are scams. :) I am glad you are loving your job and it works well for your family.